While configuring my mesh network, my devices would not ping.
If pinging your devices is unsuccessful, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Amatis Border Router (AMBR)
If you can ping from the AMBR, skip to Rebuild Master Routes.
If not then move on to step 2
2. Select the hamburger icon > Select "Maintenance" and proceed from top to bottom:
3. Rebuild Mesh Network: This feature optimizes the routing of your network, reducing the number of hops from device to device
Wait 10 seconds then refresh and attempt to ping again
If it is a single AMBR, this usually resolves the issue
If this is a multi-AMBR site, make sure you select the AMBR in the drop-down bar where it says "Border Router: 0835" and move on to the next step
4. Restart End Devices: This feature reboots all connected devices in your network
Make sure you wait until this step completes or it will lose the data
Refresh the device list to make sure they are now pingable
5. Restart Routing Apps: This feature restarts all programs in the AMBR
Refresh the Device List to make sure that the PAN is made
This would help the devices that were once stale, refresh a few times if needed
6. Restart Router: This feature reboots your AMBR
If you can ping devices from AMBR, Rebuild Master Routes: this allows you to reach the child AMBR when it is a multi-AMBR site
If you need further support, submit a ticket or send us a general inquiry.