The following notes are relevant for a Windows 10 based laptop.
To pass the internet from your laptop to an AMBR, you need the following:
Wifi, cellular, or other internet connection at your laptop
RJ45 output from a laptop (either through an adaptor or directly from the laptop)
AMBR, RJ45 capable, and power supply
The process you are about to begin is called “sharing” the internet from your laptop’s internet source to your output.
1. Right-click on your internet access and select Open Network and Internet Settings.
2. Click “Change Adapter Options”
3. Right-click on your internet source and select Status. In the example below, “Wi-Fi” is the internet source on the laptop.
4. In the status window, select Details
5. Make note of the Wi-Fi’s IP address. In this instance, the IP address is 192.168.1.1:
6. Close this Network Connection Details window, and the Wi-Fi Status window below it to return to the Network Connections page
7. Right-click on your internet source and select Properties. In the example below, “Wi-Fi” is the internet source on the laptop.
8. In the Properties window, click on the Sharing Tab
9. Click the checkbox to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” and select the Ethernet port option available. In the example below, Ethernet 8 is the only option for outputting the shared Wi-Fi internet access.
10. Click on the Settings button.
11. You will now use the Add button to add two new options under the Services Window
12. Complete this page with the following inputs:
Description of Service: Webapp
Name or IP address…: Enter IP address from the earlier step
External and Internal Port numbers should be: 1195