The Amatis app allows you to easily interact with newly controlled devices, create virtual zones, and guides through the commissioning process. Commissioning a mesh network can begin after installing your devices and logging into the app. We’ve made our app as user-friendly as your favorite websites, allowing you to easily interact with your newly installed Amatis devices.
Visit amatiscontrols.com/blog to review release notes to review new features, improvements or changes to the app.
Create virtual lighting control zones
- Program devices in the Amatis Controls system for individual lights and light groupings
- Customize and troubleshoot your sites from anywhere with an Internet connection
Enable lighting control strategies
- Customize daylight harvesting, tune high- and low-end trims, enable manual and personal control, deploy occupancy modes for normal hours and after hours, enable demand response, set schedules and customize scenes.
If you're ready to use the Amatis App, make sure you confirm the following before moving forward:
2. Confirm your network has power and the lights are on.
3. Your Amatis Border Router (AMBR) is plugged in, accessible through your buildings' Internet firewalls, and recognized in the Amatis app and dashboard.
If AMBR is not fully connected to the internet with a blinking blue LED, you will still be able to register yourself as a user and create a site, but will not be able to enable any functionality on the connected devices.
Download and register
Access the app
- The free Amatis app is available for both Apple and Android devices, and can also be accessed through your web browser at app.amatiscontrols.com.
An Internet connection is required to use the app.
- Provide your email address, create and confirm an 8-digit password, and add the six-digit Device ID number located on your Amatis Border Router (AMBR).
- Name your site. We recommend naming your site the same as the building name, or its physical address.
- Provide your site's zip code, then head into commissioning.
Commission your site
Commissioning the mesh network can begin after installing your devices and logging into the app, in three basic steps.
Step 1: Create a location
Adding a new location, the area you want to establish as a new lighting control zone.
- Select "Add your first location."
- Choose a descriptive name for locations that can be easily understood by the next person who uses the app. Try to use room numbers, floor numbers, descriptions of the space, like office or conference room, or cardinal directions.
- Choose "Room Type" to help categorize your location.
Step 2: Add devices to your location
- Select “Click to add devices” to get started.
- The Devices drawer will display on the screen. In the top list, you can see what devices were added to your AMBR network during the AMBR configuration process.
- Start by referencing your floor plan to determine which devices should be added to your location, then select them from the list. You can either select them directly or use the search bar to find them by entering the last 4-digits of the unique wireless IDs on your floor plan. Once added the devices to your location, they will populate in the list below.
- If you have a question about which device is in which location because it’s not clear on your plan, you can click on the light bulb icon to the right of its name, and the device will perform an on-off sequence.
- Check the green checkmark to save the devices to your location.
Step 3: Customize location settings
Configure your location for functions like occupancy detection and daylight harvesting. This simple process can be used again and again as you add more locations to your site which can always be modified later.
You can access this drawer anytime by clicking the cog icon.
The drawer features a puzzle piece icon that provides can choose to adopt existing room templates with pre-defined settings for various lighting controls strategies if they make sense for your space.
- The drawer also features a copy icon that allows you to save your own room templates with specific lighting controls settings for future use.
In order for settings in the Location Features drawer to take effect on your location's devices, you'll need to sync.
Education and support
Want to learn more? Here are some handy resources for you to continue your learning:
- Our Help Center contains lots of detailed articles to help you learn about the Amatis wireless lighting controls system and its features.
- Download a PDF version of the Amatis App manual.
- Our Level 1 Basics and Best Practices Training introduces you to the benefits of lighting controls, the Amatis system and devices, project examples, and getting started with us.
- Our Level 2 Installation Training covers the installation of all Amatis devices, reading design plans, and some helpful install tips.
- Request a free quote and design or join the pilot program in select markets.