Controlling and monitoring plugs can be done with the Amatis Advanced Load Controller (ALC).
Before you start
- Reference your Amatis design to confirm there are Advanced Load Controllers labeled "PLUG," indicating plug load control strategies will be programmed during commissioning.
- Confirm you have completed the installation of an Amatis system at your site, which means you've installed your various fixtures, Advanced Load Controllers or Smart Drivers, sensors and switches.
- Confirm your network has power and the lights are on.
- Confirm your Amatis Border Router (AMBR) is plugged in, accessible through your buildings' Internet firewalls, and recognized in the Amatis app and dashboard. Your sites have been secured by an Amatis representative, meaning all devices have been moved to a site-specific communication channel.
Program plug load control
If your site requires programming for plug load control concurrently with other lighting control strategies, then you'll create sublocations to separate your strategies.
1. Begin commissioning your site using the Amatis App.
Complete Step 1 - Add a location. Add a room type and select "Submit". Instead of following the app prompts to proceed to step 2 - adding devices, stay in the Locations tab and add a sublocation instead. To do this, select your desired location in the Locations tab so that it's highlighted. Select the bottom right edit icon. Select the plus sign next to your location name to add a sublocation. Create a sublocation for the Advanced Load Controllers that will NOT be used for plug load control. A suggested name may be "Non-PLUG zone".
You’ll be prompted to select a room type, which is likely the same as your upper-level location. Then add devices to your sublocation, where you’ll add any Advanced Load Controllers that are NOT intended for plug load control. Save any changes.
2. Head back to the Locations tab and select your upper-level location. Select the Devices tab in the main menu to find the list of devices added to your location.
- Referencing your Amatis design, rename the ALC device(s) that are labeled for "PLUG" in the App device list. We recommend adding "PLUG" to the device names.
- Select the green checkmark to save changes.
When deploying a plug load strategy to a location that has multiple Advanced Load Controllers, the Advanced Load Controllers labeled "PLUG" should be added to the upper-level (parent) location, and the other ALCs should be added to a sublocation (child).
3. You're now ready to configure your location features for plug load.
- Select your upper-level location, followed by the bottom-right cog to edit Location Features. Adjust After Hours Occupancy settings by adjusting the occupied light level to 0%. This will ensure the lights turn OFF (instead of to a dim) after the vacancy timeout period.
- Select your sublocation, followed by the bottom-right cog to edit Location Features. Enable switch control, daylight harvesting or other strategies if desired.