The Amatis Border Router (AMBR) is a wireless gateway device used to connect the wireless mesh network to the cloud. Once connected, AMBR assigns programming tasks to sensors, drivers, controllers, and switches during commissioning, and can be removed from the network once tasks are assigned. Or, if AMBR stays wirelessly connected in your building after programming, remote support and energy usage data are recorded so you can view them from your phone app or web browser.
All components must be installed correctly to ensure the overall accuracy of this kit.
Manages the creation of Amatis 6LoWireless mesh networks
- AMBR connects Advanced Load Controllers, Smart Drivers, Sensor 1 and Switches to the cloud using secure IPV6 6LoWireless, uploading real-time data from your site to the Amatis Dashboard
Enables remote configuration
- When connected to the Internet, the Amatis App easily commissions the AMBR and all devices on the mesh network
Can be removed from the network
- Once programming tasks are assigned, the AMBR can be removed from a wireless mesh network, as devices are fault-tolerant
Before beginning installation, make sure the installation site has:
1. High-speed Internet connection, via WiFi or cellular, configured for DHCP
2. Ethernet and electrical outlets, within 200 feet of the AMBR.
Please note AMBR can also be configured to use a static IP address.
1. Ideal device placement is central to the mesh network for most ideal interaction range, and not inside of metal cabinets or behind metal barriers that restrict wireless signals.
2. Provide network firewall requirements to your site's IT personnel to ensure AMBR is able to establish an Internet connection.
3. Connect AMBR via CAT5 cable to your Ethernet port, and plug in your power supply into a wall socket.
4. Wait 1-2 minutes for the AMBR start-up light sequence to successfully complete
- AMBR can integrate with building management systems using BACnet/IP connection over ethernet/RJ45 to each AMBR site.
Education and support
Want to learn more?
- Our Help Center contains lots of detailed articles to help you learn about the Amatis wireless lighting controls system and its features.
- Our Level 1 Basics and Best Practices Training introduces you to the benefits of lighting controls, the Amatis system and devices, project examples, and getting started with us.
- Our Level 2 Installation Training covers the installation of all Amatis devices, reading design plans, and some helpful install tips.
- Our Installer Quick Start Guide covers installing an Amatis system from first reviewing a design plan to first power up and through commissioning.
- Request a free quote and design or join the pilot program in select markets.