Con Edison, New York State Electric & Gas Cor, and Rochester Gas & Electric Corp are the primary utility providers in this area, offering prescriptive incentives for lighting upgrades and lighting controls, to help reduce energy use by improving the efficiency of their properties.
Prescriptive incentives are cash incentives for implementing many common energy efficiency improvements, and custom incentives are cash incentives for making certain energy efficiency improvements not covered by prescriptive incentives.
Con Edison provides a series of rebates and incentives based on location, building purpose, and device installed.
- Instant Lighting Incentive Program is focused on switching incandescent, halogen, and fluorescent lights to in-unit LEDs and LED Lamps. Multifamily customers and commercial buildings can purchase from participating distributors to receive the rebate.
- Commercial and Industrial Program is a customer and prescriptive rebate program for installation of energy efficient tech.
- Incentive: $0.30 per kWh plus a $1,200 per kW up to 50% off project costs.
- Commercial Direct Install Program offers free energy efficiency surveys and installation of LED Lamps and fixtures.
- Incentive: lighting up to 70% off total cost (including labor and materials)
- C&I Neighborhood Program (Brooklyn & Queens) offers free energy efficient lighting upgrades for small businesses in those two areas.
- Demand Management Incentives for Large Customers focuses on demand response, chillers, lighting sensors, furnace replacement, and controls
- Incentive: custom for the installation of tech that reduces electric demand from 2-6pm on the hottest weekdays.
- Smart Usage Rewards for Reducing Demand offers up to $18,000/year for every 100 kW reduced for building owners.
- Multifamily Program, is a cash incentive for installing LEDs, lighting sensors, fixtures, chillers, VFDs, Motors, EMS/BMS, or custom. All 5 or more unit multifamily buildings are eligible for the Market Rate incentives, and affordable incentives are available for affordable housing sites.
- Residential Neighborhood Program (Brooklyn & Queens) offers free energy efficient LED lighting upgrades to residents and common areas and additional incentives for Smart Thermostats.
New York State Electric & Gas Corp and Rochester Gas & Electric Corp
NYSEG’s rebates and RGE’s rebate focuses on lighting retrofits for small business customers. To be eligible for this incentive, the customer must demand an average of 110 kilowatts (kW), resulting in a 70% reduction in installation costs of the controls systems.