My router is set in the wrong mode and I cannot log into my AMBR app, I need to switch from static to DHCP or vice versa.
We highly recommend using the AMBR app to modify network settings. If you cannot access your AMBR app because your network config settings are unknown or incorrect, follow the steps below.
Before proceeding, keep in mind:
- It is okay if you over-press Button B, continue to press it until the LED matches the mode you are expecting.
Step 1: Enter config mode
- Press and hold button B for 3 seconds. The white led will begin to flash.
Step 2: Enter one of the following modes
DHCP: Upon entering config mode, the blue led will be solid indicating that you are in DHCP mode.
Static 192.168.5.241: Press button B one time. Your AMBR will display a solid orange to indicate that you are in static mode.
Step 3: Exit config mode
- Press and hold button B for 3 seconds.
- Note: The AMBR will flash all LED's twice before entering it's regular LED pattern. Your AMBR will present a flashing blue LED if it’s on a DHCP, a flashing yellow LED for Static, and flashing yellow and blue LED for default pan settings.
Reset to Factory Defaults
Warning: This will remove all config data and DHCP. Also, if you had an encryption on your AMBR and it is now on a different channel, a factory reset will allow you to return the device to DHCP.
- Enter Config mode
- Press button B four times
- Press and hold Button B for 15s to confirm. The white led will flash for the first 3 seconds, before all LED's flash for 15 seconds. Release the button and the AMBR will reboot.
If you need further support, submit a ticket or send us a general inquiry.