While configuring my mesh network, my devices would not ping.
If pinging your devices is unsuccessful, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Amatis Border Router (AMBR)
- If you can ping from the AMBR, skip to Rebuild Master Routes.
- If not then move on to step 2
2. Select the hamburger icon > Select "Maintenance" and proceed from top to bottom:
3. Rebuild Mesh Network: This feature optimizes the routing of your network, reducing the number of hops from device to device
- Wait 10 seconds then refresh and attempt to ping again
- If it is a single AMBR, this usually resolves the issue
- If this is a multi-AMBR site, make sure you select the AMBR in the drop down bar where it says "Border Router: 0835" and move on to the next step
4. Restart End Devices: This feature reboots all connected devices in your network
- Make sure you wait until this step completes or it will lose the data
- Refresh the device list to make sure they are now pingable
5. Restart Routing Apps: This feature restarts all programs in the AMBR
- Refresh the Device List to make sure that the PAN is made
- This would help the devices that were once stale, refresh a few times if needed
6. Restart Router: This feature reboots your AMBR
- If you can ping devices from AMBR, Rebuild Master Routes: this allows you to reach the child AMBR when it is a multi-AMBR site
If you need further support, submit a ticket or send us a general inquiry.