There are two types of Amatis Sensors. Sensor 1 has two wires for low voltage, 24V DC power. Sensor 2 is powered by an RJ12 cable connected to a Smart Driver or an Advanced Load Controller with 3-foot horizontal or vertical RJ12. Assess each sensor placement to determine if brackets are needed.
It is best to locate the sensors as close to the center of the circle as possible within the design.
- The Amatis motion and light sensor has flying leads coming out of the unit. These wires are for 24 VDC power, and they are polarity insensitive. Either one can be mated with positive (+) or negative (-) coming from the DC power source.
- Keep in mind the 45-degree sensing cone (or 30-degree sensing cone for high bay sensors) and observe any obstructions, which can include fans and HVAC vents.
- Observe where sensor blinders are needed to restrict the sensing region to help avoid unwanted, false triggers (Sensors in an office shouldn’t trigger motion when someone walks past the office)
- Once the sensor is wired and powered it will need to be installed into the ceiling. The sensor will require a 1.5” inch hole. The molly clips on the side can be pinched together and the sensor should easily slide into the ceiling, clinging once let go. It may need to be pushed up into the ceiling for the last centimeter or so.
- As sensors receive power, LED green lights will appear. If motion is detected, the light will toggle to orange, and then back to green.
Keep in Mind:
- Each time you install a sensor, add its QR code sticker to your reflected ceiling plan to label the device location.